- Discuss the framework of the business analysis.
- Describe the progressive elaboration of requirements from high-level business requirements to detailed solution requirements.
- Note the individual components of a “great” requirement and provide examples for each.
- Use a systematic process to collect, analyze and model requirements that are critical to business success.
- Track requirements back to business issues and business goals.
- Discuss numerous techniques to gather the right information from customers in the right situation.
- Ask drilling questions to discover hidden requirements.
- Discuss four techniques to keep business process modeling sessions focused.
- Practice modeling business processes by creating “as-is” and “to-be” process plans.
- Collect information on requirements to support business processes.
- Create a use case diagram and a report on the flow of events.
- Use a technically not too sophisticated prototyping technique to collect business requirements.
Modul 1 Introductions
Modul 2 Requirements Foundation
Introduction to the framework of business analysis
Classification of requirements from high-level to detailed: Business, Stakeholder, Functional, Non-Functional, Transition, Business Rules with examples
What is a good requirement?
Introduction to Requirements Analysis through Modeling
Module 3 Effective Elicitation
Considerations regarding the choice of techniques
Agendas and ground rules
Case Study Workshop
Module 4 Process Mapping
Process Plan Definition
Notes to the booklet review
Primary and alternative paths
Workshop Part 1
Module 5 Getting and Translating Information Requirements
Steps to gather information about requirements
Data Business Rules:
– Translation of cardinality and option rules, rules of referential integrity, editing rules, attribute restrictions
Module 6 Use Cases
Use Case Model: Diagram and Actors
Use Case Iterations
Report flow of events
Use Cases and Test Cases
Module 7 User Interfaces and Prototyping
Actors, Objectives, and Scenarios
Purpose of prototyping
Prototype appraisal sessions
Module 8 Presentations
Assessment of the presentations of each team (during the course)
Module 9 Appendix
Requirements Management and Communication
Project Scope Management